1. In high school, I said I would never study/work in any field where writing was a major component. I was a math nerd. Now, I have to write on a daily basis and I actually enjoy it.
2. I’m athletically challenged BUT I do love baseball. I grew up being my dad’s date to the Marlins’ game. I stopped going after their first season at the new ballpark. Seeing them lose every game made me upset.
3. My immediate family, including me, is a whopping 43 people. This doesn’t include my 2nd and 3rd cousins who I’m very close to.
4. I’m the tallest woman in my family. I’m 5’9– my dad is only 5’8.
5. I’ve been playing the piano for a little over 9 years. My favorite composers are Beethoven, Chopin and Mozart, my least favorite is Bach. I really really don’t like Bach. “Ahi Viene El Chino” by Ernesto Lecuona is my favorite piece to date.
6. Pink is my favorite color but you will not find ANYTHING pink in my closet. 90% of my clothes is neutral.
7. In 2014, my friend’s parents somehow agreed to take us to Orlando for One Direction’s performance on Good Morning America. We basically stayed up all night but it was all worth it because it ended with this….
I wish I could tell you I’m embarrassed but I’m not.
8. I tried giving up coffee once… It was the worst decision ever.
9. If I could be anywhere right now, it’d probably be Disney.
10. My favorite holiday is Thankmas- a Salgado national holiday which occurs the day after Thanksgiving. Lots of leftovers and lots of love.
11. I once went white water rafting in Switzerland.
12. The only Disney princess I’ve truly ever felt connected to is Rapunzel. The other characters are Donald Duck and Grumpy.
13. I absolutely HATE driving. Thankfully I have two chauffeurs: one named Mark Roque and the other named Christina Rodriguez. The third chauffeur will be ready later this year *cough Gabriela Rodriguez*
14. The first time I went skiing was in Austria. I had absolutely no training and no idea what I was doing. I don’t know how I am alive today.
15. If I see anything on a menu that has goat cheese, I’ll order it. #GoatCheeseGirl
16. I once dressed up as a cake with my sisters and two friends for one of Taylor Swift’s concerts. Her team loved our outfits so much they upgraded us to front row. Best. Day.
17. Sappy books are my guilty pleasure.
18. Being my clutzy self with very long limbs, I once kicked up my leg so high I broke a ceiling fan.
19. Jim Halpert is my all time favorite television character.
20. My daily encouragement is Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
21. My first word was “Pumba.” I was obsessed with”The Lion King” and would watch the movie about 3 times a day.
22. “Singin’ In The Rain” is my favorite movie.
23. Cooking is not my forte. I once burned microwavable pancakes while babysitting my cousins. The smoke alarm went off. My sisters have never let it go.
24. Listening to music in the car with me is a nightmare. I get bored after listening to a song for 30 seconds and have to change it.
25. I collect pencils. It started with a blue sparkly pencil my dad gave me when I was about 8. I thought it was too pretty to use so I decided to start a collection. Since then, I now have over 250 pencils from all over the world. They’ve never been sharpened and I don’t ever plan on using them.
4 thoughts on “25 Things”
I love this…..now I know you alittle better! love that! Your too special 🙂
Thank you so much, Arlene ❤ 🙂